Wedding bells to turn Iniesta's legs to jelly


Iniesta Dejected
Walking down the aisle to get married this weekend will be much more nerve-racking than playing in Euro 2012, said Spain's Andres Iniesta, who was voted the best player of the tournament for his cool, commanding performances.
"It will be a special and different day," the Barcelona midfielder told a news conference on Wednesday.
"I am sure it will make me nervous, much more than being on the field of play."
The 28-year-old, who calmly slotted away a spot-kick in the semi-final penalty shootout against Portugal, helped world champions Spain to get a second successive European championship triumph with a 4-0 final victory over Italy on Sunday.
"I am pleased for the personal recognition," he said in reference to UEFA's best-player award. "But one player does not represent a championship. My colleagues deserve it as much as I do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment